My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to go last night at 7:30 at guys house. Was 40 minute ride. Definitely late night for me. Today was busy long day, so tired! The transaxle seems to try to move, the hydro release is bent and acting weird. I have the same hydro in yard from scrapped tractor. If needed will swap. This was original owner and gave us all the factory paper work!! SWEET!!!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely something worth putting some work into.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To each their own! I think they are like Bruce says, a copy of a car hood. The engine is very good and untouched! The hydro may be just stuck, but less likely as dad removed release bar and tried it manually. Will look at it better after work!

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
It's the Bently of mowers!
Bentley_Continental_GT_(II)_-_Frontansicht_(1),_30._August_2011,_Düsseldorf_newbg.jpg DSCN0893.jpg

Speaking of Bentlys. Just for grins and giggles, I did a search on their site using the locator for used ones. I'm guessing that the "Price On Request" on most of them equates to "I won't be getting one soon" in my case. But I might be able to pick up a Murray some day. I suppose that's why I like the looks of the Murray too.:)

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
You'll are killing me here..... :sidelaugh We all know what Eric plans to do with it........... :ThumbUp:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
now that looks cool. i can see it now billet everything, degoverned, racing slicks, eric could make that thing bad

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NICE! I am working and y'all spent my money for me! ;)
Now to sell dad on it!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Let me do the talking.... Maybe I can temp him with some more broken lawn equipment! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well after ALOT of hard work dad and partly me got the hydro repaired and working! We could not just swap the Craftsman unit peerless to the Murray, totally different set up. Basically same hydro unit other than hand control and foot control. We could not swap it, but took them apart for the shaft that failed. The splines wore away. Thank God we were able to get it together and installed in tractor. Took most of the day and most of our patience! Took a long time to purge the unit but thankfully started moving. After driving it a while it quieted down and works great! YEA!!
Big difference, bottom one is Murray one and upside down in picture!

Some of the parts in the unit we took shaft out of.

The repaired unit

Here is the Murrays gear unit on left, bottom is the shaft that was swapped out.

Not a lot of pictures as fatigue kicked in. Very thankful our experiment worked! Wasn't as easy as Craftsman swap!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Do I spot one more of your cleaning secrets?????? Purple Power! :) I'm a firm believer in simple green. It seems to just eat the dirt off of anything with oil, grease, or dirt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts