My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was given this by my customer/friend! Her late husband parked it in basement over 20 YEARS ago!! It is in decent shape actually. Deck is shot, poorly repaired in spots and rust through. The engine seems somewhat free. We did not mess with it, got working on others. She has a even older on in upper garage I can have too. When they dig it out, I'll go get it!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
And the projects just keep coming!:sidelaugh

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Bruce, I do appear to have a magnet attached to truck!! It only attracts mowers! ;) The other one lady has is smaller and MUCH older. Buried under stuff and behind three-wheelers! I should grab one of those actually! Old Honda three wheeler looked cool, but I would get hurt on it for sure!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Judging by the muffler and starter, Tecumseh? Never seen a Sears tractor with a vertical shaft Tecumseh...but what do I know. Looks like a great find!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea vortec looks weird engine, maybe right. Did not do much other than cut the deck belt so the engine could turn some, think valve is hung, only turns 1/2 rev. Left it alone!
Here is more pictures!

·
Registered
507 Posts
:ROFL That deck looks GREAT!

Probably a valve stuck closed. Try spinning it the other way, if you a couple turns out of it its a stuck valve

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
The older Tecs are built pretty heavy and are worth trying to fix. Vortec could be right about the valve. The mower should be all right; not sure the deck is worth a hoot. :p

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well guys, that deck would get more holes if I use pressure washer!! :(
A fellow who runs the MOW Forum just for Murrays lives by us . Offered it to him! He is huge Murray fan and he would love on it! Would like it to have a second chance!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts