My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll admit… I know nothing about lawnmowers. Home repairs, auto repairs, I can do all that. Lawnmowers, not my thing.

I bought my mom the Toro Recycler 22” Self-Propelled Lawn Mower with Electric Start last summer. It was great. She loved it. Winter comes and goes, she gets it back out and all was fine for a couple months. Then it started intermittently not cranking. We removed all the oil and it was black. Replaced it, replaced the filter, used new gas. It worked twice and stopped again. A family member looked at it, noticed a tube was missing next to the air filter and replaced it. Replaced the filter again. Cranked for him and assumed it was fixed. Cranked for her once and then stopped again. I sat and cleaned it, cleaned every little spot I could get into, replaced the spark plug, and it worked for a week. We then noticed the oil was leaking. Changed the oil again and it was already black. Still wouldn’t work. Got a different oil and when we changed it 2 hours later the oil was black again. Changed the spark plug and replaced the filter (it was covered in oil) again. Nothing. It will not crank at all.

Toro will not touch the warranty until our Home Depot warranty expires next year. Home Depot says we have to take it to one particular shop that won’t even touch it for 3 weeks. Does anyone know what might be going on? I would appreciate ANY advice!

·
Registered
313 Posts
So let's get terminology on the same page here,
Will the electric start not work (no crank) or it will the engine spin but not start?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts