My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum here and wondering if anyone here has any experience with this or ideas that might help. I have a Husqvarna GT2254 riding mower that I bought used on craigslist. It was a really good price for a rider with a 54" deck, but since we got it a few weeks ago we have barely been able to use it. The drive belt keeps breaking and/or falling off. The person we bought it from said that he had just replaced the drive belt and it was new. We mowed maybe half the lawn with that belt (we have 3 acres) but had to keep putting the belt back on and then it broke completely. We thought maybe he just didn't know what he was doing when he put the belt on, got the wrong belt, etc. My husband got an OEM replacement drive belt and put it on. Almost everytime we are mowing and have to hit the brake to slow down, stop, or change gears the belt will come off. I have seen posts online from other people complaining about this, but I haven't seen any solutions. Has anyone else experienced the drive belt constantly falling off and found a solution?

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Welcome to the forum adamsmonkeys! :)

I see what you mean about others having the same issue when I did some searching for a solution. This one might be something to checkout:

How do I install the Keeper Belt Trans on a... . Tractors . Forum . AnswerArmy

Sounds like in the design phase they should have added another "keeper" of some type for when the tension is removed from the belt during shifting and braking or just on uneven ground. One post I saw mentioned that it seemed to be the front motor drive pulley that it was coming off. I suppose there might be some way of fixing a steel rod in there to keep the belt in place. But that would likely not be an easy task. :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts