My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I needs some help, I got this old mower cleaning out an old barn. I like it a lot and rebuilt it but I do not know who made it? or how old is it? and is it worth anything? all I could read on it was AM 500 here is a photo of it before I rebuilt it> Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle Grass

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Fender Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum, dr24wildone !

Let me start off by saying, Wow! And, let me add that just when I thought I was old and crusty enough to say I've seen everything, you got me. I'm stumped ;).

Certainly a fine restoration in progress and I'm very curious if others here may know what you have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Mark777 And I will let you know what it is if I find out, I have taken it to 3 mower shops and all of them love it but never seen one, I am not the greatest on computers but this is the first thing that I have found that GOOGLE could NOT find, thanks again Mark for your help

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Welcome to MLMF. That is an interesting mower there. Have you done the restoration work yourself? That metallic blue looks great, and did you polish the transmission case? It really shines. Does that crank on the back raise and lower the cutting deck?

Looking at that air cleaner on the first photo, reminds me of ones I've seen on Sears Eager One engines of yesteryear. The tubular frame and wheels have sort of a look of this old Sears mower.
http://vintagesearsgardentractors.com/old_riders/1960_3.5hp_rider.jpg

I don't know how active this site is anymore, but maybe there's a contact here that could point you in the right direction too.

Vintage Sears Garden Tractors

Keep us posted on your work. It looks pretty neat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much and yes I have done all the work myself. The paints is by Dupli-Color and is CT0280 Caymen Green. I did polish the transmission and plan to polish the engine block, I started but then found out the cylinder is toast. Here is a photo of the block that I just started to polish. the crank handle in the back does adjust the cutting deck. I really think if this mower would be a big hit if it was reproduced today. its has a go-cart feel to it. and its awning just tops it off, I am not done with the mounting brackets, they were missing. thanks Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts