My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking new husqvarna models yh22v42ls up to gth27v48ls, used simplicity broadmoor 18/44 with 170 hour, new JD X300. I have mostly flat .75 of acre. It will be used with roller, sweeper ect. I am driving my self crazy.Thanks for any input

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
While I don't have any firsthand experience with the Huskees or Simplicity, I can say that the X300 is a wonderful machine to use and is hard to find fault with.

They are extremely smooth to operate and the controls are effortless to use. If you purchase new, JD will offer a "Promise Buy Back" if you aren't happy with it within the first couple weeks of use. They come with a nice warrantee and purchasing from a dealer has its avantages as well versus buying from a box store. A dealer will assist you with any warranty claims and they may also offer other incentives as well if you tell them you've been considering purchasing from a retail outlet instead.

Have you by chance driven either of these machines? If not, I would highly recommend it as by doing so you'll get an idea pretty quick what you like and don't like about each.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Well first off, let me welcome you to MLF! Glad you dropped by. I'm not familiar with the reliability of the new Husq's but something you may factor in is, you are going to be using some accessories so you need to figure on the ones you may use in the future that you are not thinking about now and, if the new mower can handle it like a loader, Tiller, etc. The principle of going one or two sizes bigger than what you think you need sounds illogical but holds a lot of truth.
New vs Old/Used - New, you have the peace of mind of reliability with warranty. Used, if it breaks you fix it on your dime unless its sold with a warranty. New, much more pricey, Used, a little more affordable.
This may not answer all your questions but, give you a few more things to ponder over. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.