My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 8243 is leaking a fair amount of gas when it's at rest the only thing that helps is the shut off the gas tank but it still leaks and as well as when I tip the mower on its side with the caboator in the air gas leaks from the head of the cylinder pretty fast. Is there any seals that I can buy or anything I can do?

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Stuck float or trash in the carb?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Hi! If you have not cleaned and/or rebuilt the carb, this is probably a good time to do so. A mower that leaks at rest may have a number of issues. We will assume for the moment that you have eliminated the obvious such as a loose or cracked fuel hose, cracked barb where the fuel hose attaches, leaking tank, or leaking fuel shutoff. A bad needle and seat can cause a fuel leak as well as a bad or mis adjusted float. Also as previously mentioned a piece of grass or debris could be keeping the needle from seating. I had an 8243AE for a short time and it is a great mower. Metal Walbro carb with F engine equals a great combination. If you have not already accessed the online Lawnboy Service manual or purchased a hard copy, here is a link. Let us know how you do. Bill

https://lookup3.toro.com/ttcGateway/acrobat/manuals/lball.html

Reactions: Chris2155
1 - 4 of 4 Posts