My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it that dealers can post the same ad multiple times? I'm talking like a full page worth of the same ad.

If I were to try that, Craigslist would recognize the ad as a duplicate and give me a message that it's already been posted. If you do work the system and change the ad ever so slightly so that it doesn't catch it as being a duplicate ad, it will get flagged by other users fairly quickly.

You really can't even search for vehicles on there anymore unless you do it under "owner" unless you want to see the same exact vehicle posted 52,000 times on the same page. :dunno:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I like how I search for gravely and get all kinds of car and truck stuff. And you're right, dealers seem to list the same thing as million times on the same day.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Makes it hard when you search tractor and see pages of the same big rigs!!

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
I've been frustrated by the same thing. It's not just dealers though. I've noticed that regular folks are able to slip the same ads in there too. Only time I've gotten the same item listed more that once is to change up the title a bit, put a different picture in to appear first and list under different categories.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
It would make it lot more user-friendly to get rid of the ability to post multiple times; it takes forever to get through all the duplicates sometimes! :dunno:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I guess that must be the policy for dealer internet managers now; post each ad at least 20 times for every vehicle they put on Craigslist.

Dealers are also notorious for slipping completely non-relevant vehicle key words so that their Chrysler LeBaron pulls up in your search for a 4x4. I'm always swamped with pages of Nissan Altimas and Subaru Imprezzas when I do a search for "Cummins 4x4." At least the average seller usually has the realism to include related key words in their ad like "Power Stroke" or "Duramax" instead of a dealer who has to include "Subaru" in their ad for a lifted 4x4.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Another thing that is annoying are those ads that scammers slip in every now and then. The ones with a single photo of a cherry looking car, truck or tractor with a silly price of something like $2,500 and a gmail address posted right there in the photo.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Another thing that is annoying are those ads that scammers slip in every now and then. The ones with a single photo of a cherry looking car, truck or tractor with a silly price of something like $2,500 and a gmail address posted right there in the photo.
If the price is ridiculous, I flag it!

Reactions: bwdbrn1

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Like the tractor that has a blown engine for $1200?? SUCH A DEAL!! :(

Reactions: bwdbrn1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts