My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought in a couple tools for my wife and daughter to help me identify. I explained to them that it would require a pretty good background in the mechanical field and I would give them an opportunity to study the aforementioned items. I explained in detail that one tool is used exclusively for a type of carburetor that goes by the brand name of Walbro and the other carburetor is called a ZAMA, yes with a "Z". I explained that I lost the paperwork for them and I had to make sure they were used for their proper and respective carburetors or I may have difficulties performing maintenance on various pieces of lawn equipment.

I then presented the said items for proper inspection and identification. To my surprise I was quite impressed in the expertise that that my family displayed in identifying the tools that I introduced.

Here are those tools if anyone would like to take a shot at them.

Feel free to drop me line if you need any assistance in identifying which tool is used for each brand. Thank you in advance for your help and remember to always follow directions, wear the proper safety equipment and be safe!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
With walbro I would guess a carb tool of some kind

But if I had to make a educated guess I would say they are Skeeter Clutch Adjusting Wrenchs to adjust you skeeter clutch for your bliker fluid modulator :party :sorry:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Muffler bearing alignment gauge
12-volt fluid primer tool
Metric hammer caliper
Lug nut gap checker (left-hand thread)
Gap lug nut checker (right-hand thread)

:D :D :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
The W looks like a cigarette holder for a chain smoker and the Z could be a bottle opener for a bee...er, soda drinker.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Who is right so far!?!?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Robert at Honda is pretty close (Ball Park) with the muffler bearing alignment gage. You should know there is no bliker fluid modulator near any clutches, they are a lot closer to flannel fin cooling extractors on the blade return spring housing.....duh! :dunno:

:bag:I don't know what came over me?

:sorry:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
robert at honda is pretty close (ball park) with the muffler bearing alignment gage. You should know there is no bliker fluid modulator near any clutches, they are a lot closer to flannel fin cooling extractors on the blade return spring housing.....duh!
:bravo:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Oh, If I had to take an educated guess, I'd say the W one is a "window fluid checker" and the Z, Well that has to be for adjusting the tension on a pine tree... :D :D

However, What they actually are, is Carburetor adjustment tools, the "W" one is for "Walboro" and the "Z" one is for Zama..... Perfectly simple.

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Oh I have a bunch of those , we used to use them on our outside billboard at my Garden Center.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can see it now,

WHAZUP!

Followed by, "The height of your Petunias if you use Miracle Grow" :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts