My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Hoping someone might be able to help me identify or find a replacement carb for a mower I have.

The mower is a Snapper. It has a B&S 5.0 hp motor. The carb is a Walbro. I "think the model number is LMS-32. I have found ones that say they are the same model number but the connections on top for the throttle and choke are different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 61997 View attachment 61998 View attachment 61999 View attachment 62000 View attachment 62001 View attachment 61997 View attachment 61998 View attachment 61999 View attachment 62000 View attachment 62001

·
Registered
266 Posts
Post the engine model and type number..
it is stamped into the metal housing either above the spark plug or on a small flap right above the muffler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post the engine model and type number..
it is stamped into the metal housing either above the spark plug or on a small flap right above the muffler.
Thank you. Someone else recommended calling Jeff's Small Engine and they asked for the same info. With that, they were able to determine the carb is no longer available. Going to try cleaning- not holding my breath...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thank you. Someone else recommended calling Jeff's Small Engine and they asked for the same info. With that, they were able to determine the carb is no longer available. Going to try cleaning- not holding my breath...
go ahead and post up the numbers...

·
Registered
266 Posts
if cleaning it doesn't help, most likely you can fit any other Quantum carburetor with a choke, it seems like the main thing special about this one is what appears to be that adjustment mixture screw on the side. A majority of new ones don't have it as the EPA would rather have your mower run crappy and produce more emissions than you being to adjust it to where it runs efficiently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts