My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Hoping someone might be able to help me identify or find a replacement carb for a mower I have.

The mower is a Snapper. It has a B&S 5.0 hp motor. The carb is a Walbro. I "think the model number is LMS-32. I have found ones that say they are the same model number but the connections on top for the throttle and choke are different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
20210606_161317.jpg
20210606_165455.jpg
20210606_165500.jpg
20210606_161237.jpg
20210606_161223.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Start with the Model, Type and Code numbers from the engine cowling. ( blower housing in BS language)
THank you. I was referred to Jeff's Small engine and they said the same thing. After giving them the model etc, they said the carb is no longer available. Going to try to clean it. Have never had much luck with that, but we'll see...

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
39 Posts
THank you. I was referred to Jeff's Small engine and they said the same thing. After giving them the model etc, they said the carb is no longer available. Going to try to clean it. Have never had much luck with that, but we'll see...

Thanks for the reply.
With respect, there’s cleaning and proper cleaning. To rescue a really gummed up carb it is necessary to remove the welch plug ( which will probably destroy it) that covers the gallery leading to the tiny progression jet holes in the venturi. Without removing that, even ultrasonic cleaning is unlikely to succeed . New welch plugs are available . With the plug removed , then a good session in an ultrasonic cleaning tank with a suitable detergent and changing the orientation of the carb in the basket from time to time. Poking things through jet drillings always used to be a No No but under such circumstances it’s worth doing. Honda , and probably others sell packs of assorted “pokers” and then there’s always the gas welders nozzle cleaners!
You mention a similar carb with the wrong throttle and choke spindles. Have you considered one of those but swapping the spindles from yours?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. I don't have high hopes for the cleaning. My experience in the past has been that trying to clean is rarely successful. On larger engines, seems a decent cleaning and a new pilot jet does wonders. On smaller units like this...

At this point I willl try a basic clean and see what happens. This lawn mower isn't worth much, so I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole too far.

As for the spindles. It does not appear that there is any way to remove the ones on my current carb, so doubtful I would be able to swap them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
With respect, there’s cleaning and proper cleaning. To rescue a really gummed up carb it is necessary to remove the welch plug ( which will probably destroy it) that covers the gallery leading to the tiny progression jet holes in the venturi. Without removing that, even ultrasonic cleaning is unlikely to succeed . New welch plugs are available . With the plug removed , then a good session in an ultrasonic cleaning tank with a suitable detergent and changing the orientation of the carb in the basket from time to time. Poking things through jet drillings always used to be a No No but under such circumstances it’s worth doing. Honda , and probably others sell packs of assorted “pokers” and then there’s always the gas welders nozzle cleaners!
You mention a similar carb with the wrong throttle and choke spindles. Have you considered one of those but swapping the spindles from yours?
Cant see a way of editing this post but in the absence of a Model, Type and Code Number , I have an engine on the bench with a visually similar carb
12F802 1788 the carb that matches yours is 790978 and is in stock in the UK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts