My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Ohio,

I joined this site because I just bought a 1948 eclipse rocket and I am looking for some information about it and some help on restoring it. Also for future mowers that I acquire.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome to the forum Josh. I think you will get an excited response here from some Eclipse fans ;)

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Welcome to MLMF josh35. Those old Eclipse mowers were made to last.

If you'd like, I can get you a pdf of the parts list for the Rocket, if you don't already have one.

Sadly, this is all there is of the original building in Prophetstown, IL where they were made, but some of the other buildings that were built as the company grew are still there, used for other things now. The historical society in Prophetstown has some information about the company, but old timers in the area have more, if you can find them.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Here ya' go. You'll see that it covers Rockets built from 1938 to 1953. They didn't change them much. No need to mess with success.

View attachment 6793

Have you seen this site? Sadly it hasn't been active for quite a long time. The sales sheet from the 40s looks a lot like yours with the starter handle.

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/eclipsereelmowers/eclipseads.html

This 1959 Parkhound was my first reel mower. I completely disassembled it and cleaned every part in the basement.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I have not seen that site thanks. Just a simple question what was the original color/colors of the rocket?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts