My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name is Bob B. and I am a lawn mowing freak. I can't wait for Spring to finally break so I can start mowing lawn again. I have 2.3 acres, level ground with a few trees. I'm looking to buy a new mower, so I thought I'd bounce some ideas off of fellow lawn mowers.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm looking to go in with my parents to buy a mower. I have 2.3 acres to mow, and they have .9 acre to mow. We live next door to each other. We are looking at a zero turn model.

Our budget is about $4,000 (each pay $2,000). A local dealer carries Cub Cadet, Gravely, and eXmark mowers. My current mower is a Cub Cadet rider, 2000 series, 48" deck. I have a really bad taste in my mouth with Cub Cadets, as the belt that runs from the PTO to drive the blades frequently failed. Maybe a newer zero turn would be better? Anyway, the models I am considering are:

Cub Cadet Z-Force
Gravely ZT XL
eXmark Quest E-Series

My dad has deferred the purchase decision to me.

Any experiences, insight, thoughts, or opinions on one brand vs. another would be appreciated.

Thanks! Bob B.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Welcome to MLMF Bob, glad to have you join us. Looks like you've already gotten some good advise, and there'll be more to come.

Be sure to visit often, and we'll look forward to hearing, and seeing what you decide on.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Definitely stay away from Cub;they've been pretty rough ever since they went to china! Scags are the best, in my opinion, but talk about $$$$! Gravely and Exmark are both good mowers, and will be way better than any Cub.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome to MLF Bob, looks like you have some decisions to make ;) I like the John Deere commercial line but they are higher than your allotted budget and may be more than what you need. Good luck and happy hunting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts