My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all! I'm an old mower fan (or pretty much a fan of any old thing with an engine haha!)

I'm not a big collector, but that's only because I never see any good old mowers for sale! I saw a Montgomery Ward push mower once, brand new looking, for $60 at the flea market once. Came back not 20 minutes later and the thing had sold! Same story with an old Snapper at the curb, guess I don't have the best of luck with these things!

Can't say I have a favorite brand, but I do have a soft spot for Montgomery Ward machines. I have a bunch of old Wards catalogs, what I'd give to order some of the mowers in them! :p

Sorry for the long introduction haha, thanks for having me! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and quick question- I tried making a thread seeking advice on an engine problem I'm having in the small engine repair thread, but it said I didn't have sufficient privileges. But I see that other junior members can? Am I doing something wrong? I've been a member here since the 22nd, I thought the system only kept you from posting threads for an hour after signing up?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome Fireflite! I'm a fan of old stuff with engines too. Of course I'm partial to snapper but all old mowers I can appreciate. When I was a kid my dad bought a new Montgomery wards riding mower. 12hp 38" cut basic riding mower. I went with him when he bought at the store. I had so much fun on that thing. Wish I still had it. Yep the old Montgomery wards push mowers are cool too. Hope you can find some good stuff!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome! You should be able too now. Time delay I think!

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Hello Fireflite & a big WELCOME to The Site! :howdy:

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Welcome to MLF. Gosh, I remember the days when those mail order catalogs came in the mail. I remember thumbing through them until the pages would fray. Guess that was the equivalent to online shopping today.

You weren't doing anything wrong at all. We just make sure you're not a robot first before you can post beyond the intro. You should be good to go now, so post away.:2th:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D
I'm partial to Snapper too! But I don't think my Snapper rider is partial to me, having big trouble with it! haha

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
You're going to get along just fine around here... :mlf:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts