My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, I found this place through MTF. Was searching for information on an old Murray rear engine rider I picked up at an auction for 42.50. It's a 5HP / 25" that is equipped with a 30 inch deck. Made in Lawrenceburg, Tn. Never was able to make sense of the model number (255150) but if I can find parts for the deck spindle it will be a nice little mower.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome to MLF, glad to have you aboard. Is that all the #s from the data plate/sticker?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome! Thanks for the intro!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mower Numbers

There is also a Date of Manufacture of 0372 and underneath Manufactured in Lawrenceburg, Tn. Strange thing is the mower says it's a 25 inch deck but had a 30 inch underneath.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
It's possible someone put a 30" on it along the way. You may look up parts for the 30" models and possibly match up the parts. Maybe post some pictures of what you have including the decals and the deck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pics of stuff

There weren't any stickers other than warning one to not use as a step on the deck, and I'll get a pic of spindle next time i'm out to the car (its in the car because there is a guy that used to repair mowers and i'm hoping he has a line on one). Sure do appreciate the help on this thing, looks like it may be my new "sweeper puller" and part time mower if needed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Well for starters your model # is 25515C That should get you going in the right direction. ;)

It's also an AYP product which is similar to the older Craftsmans. I had a green one recently.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its a great start. I did find my model number there, just have to keep on searching for info on the deck. It seems almost identical to spindle they have for 25 inch but this one is only about a 6 inch shaft instead of 8 inch. may be able to work something out with one of their repair kits though. I sure do appreciate all the help with this stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems I may be able to get one through Amazon.. who'd have thought?.. guess they do have lots of stuff. But I'll make sure it's right one first once i track down the exact part number. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts