My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum. Purchased my first lawn mower yesterday, a Honda 4518, after some research I feel like I stole it for $280 :ThumbUp: I plan on doing a little research and I'm sure I'll have a few questions along the way.

Nice to meet the community!

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Hello Bigkat650 & a big WELCOME ABOARD from Michigan!!

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Did you say $280?! You did steal it! Somebody call the cops!

Er, um, nah, great deal! Welcome to MLF. Of course, you have to share a few photos of that new machine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, garage kept all its life, recently serviced with a new battery and belts. I'll be adding pictures soon!

Did you say $280?! You did steal it! Somebody call the cops!

Er, um, nah, great deal! Welcome to MLF. Of course, you have to share a few photos of that new machine.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to MLF! Sounds like you got a great deal!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
686 Posts
Welcome to the forum :mlf:

How about some photos of your Honda ??

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Photo's

OK, so she's not cherry. Seat is just about gone and paint is a bit faded, although I think I can bring the paint back a lot with a little love. She drives good, starts right up (very quiet!) but I do have a couple questions.

1. The steering is very hard on it. Its not bad while moving, still stiff, but when sitting--well lets just say you gotta really muscle it to turn it.

2. The break is a bit touchy/jerky.

Other then that, it operates perfectly. Smooth, quiet, and starts almost instantly. What a great find for under $300!

Can Anyone else give me any info on this girl?! Any stories or info or hints would be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
:welcome: to MLF! Not familiar with that particular machine, but it's a Honda. Deck looks in fine shape also. Generic replacement seats can be had reasonable. As far as the steering, is all the linkage snug and greased/lubed?

Nice deal there, congrats :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Yep, you sure did get one heck of a deal on that one.

Looks like the color will come back with some work. One of the best things I think anybody could invest in is an official shop manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:welcome: to MLF! Not familiar with that particular machine, but it's a Honda. Deck looks in fine shape also. Generic replacement seats can be had reasonable. As far as the steering, is all the linkage snug and greased/lubed?

Nice deal there, congrats :ThumbUp:
I haven't had time to do much diagnostic on it. :bag: but I believe that may be part of the problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts