My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We built the Craftsman for them, my BIL sister. Her boyfriend stated the Craftsman hasn't been working well, battery goes dead fast and other issues. I see we forgot to install or did not have the correct stator and regulator for electric PTO, so my bad. Well the poor thing came like this! We had to go pick it up by my BIL, see other thread for when I dropped off his today, got in truck for this one. We towed it up from there in truck, I drove tractor. Dad screwed with me and towed me up to 10 MPH he says, think it was a lot faster by sounds of engine! Laughing his A$%# off!! SCARY on that thing!! LOL JERK! :sidelaugh
Well how do you like the homemade mulch plug?? Grass plugged it solid!? Then birds used it for latrine?? :(
It fired up on jumpbox and seemed to run well, have the correct stator now, will repair and sell.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Apparently the deck acted as a bagging system and collected all the discharge!

It sounds like a fun ride earlier.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
They failed to mention that was going towards their compost pile.... I hope your dad didn't throw all that grass away!? :ROFL:sidelaugh :bag:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dad had to installed two tubes into front tires as they went flat fast. Battery is dead, was discharged a lot. Might just go buy one.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have one with the 46" deck and that design for some reason clogs very easy. If I want a smooth level cut I have to pull the deck almost every time I go use it.
I don't know why because the two blade JD doesn't do it but this thing for some reason just packs it in. Right at the discharge opening it also likes to clump up on the back of the opening.
When I first got it I scraped and wire brushed it and coated with truck bed coating but that hasn't seemed to help at all.

I scrape it out and it does go to the compost pile.

·
Registered
480 Posts
It probably has something to do with the transition piece tieing the deck together at the discharge opening. It's about the only odd thing I see.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tested the stator I installed, it only putting out 3v. So ordered a new one for $50. It is 15 amp regulated, so should do me well! Not much else been done as we been busy with personal stuff. Me with work and dad catching up on stuff he wants done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts