My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had to remove the snow off the roof other day. Dad climbs up there and I try to clear it off on ground. This snow packed so hard on landing, I can't move it with my machines. I thought to make dad's life easier to get a gas powered shovel type blower. Something he could carry up there. I know how stubborn he is and that he won't wait for me to assist him after work. Any idea where I can find one?? I looked online and it looks like they are only electric. That won't work due to cords getting caught and such.
Any help will be welcome!! ;)
Thanks
Eric

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Eric, is that anything like a leaf blower?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought something like this in gas!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Ok, didn't know there was such a thing.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was one for the weedwacker attachments? Can't find it either!!??

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I believe I've seen them on places like ebay or craigslist. Toro used to make a gas power shovel, but they've been out of production for a while.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only issue Bruce is our one side of house is right next to a hill, no room to use rack! Dad made one for himself, but rather use the shovel! He won't let me help up there OR Let me UP there!! I am still three in his eyes sometimes!! ;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Toro Did Make a Gas Powered Power shovel.. However they were plagued with issues as the engines were more akin to gas powered RC Car engines than weed whacker engines..

Unfortunately the time of small gas powered things is over.. At least in this country for the time being.. As it's far too expensive to make a 4 stroke engine that small.. and 2 strokes are all but outlawed..

Your best bet is to get a Toro electric power shovel.. They are fantastic and very light weight.

-Stan

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Kori, only issue I had was long cord getting caught on him on top of roof!
Could run it off generator and use shorter one I guess??

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
...Could run it off generator and use shorter one I guess??
Probably uses a universal motor with brushes like an electric drill or other common electric power tools. They aren't too picky about power so I think they should run fine on a generator.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gonna look into one guys! Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Hi! Toro made a small gas powered blower called the Snow Pup. It was a 14 inch wide model. Got one from a neighbor last year and used it a bit after cleaning it up and getting it running and then sold it. Very light and had the main handle and a secondary handle. Might check Craigslist for one. Bill

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been only finding small electrics. No gas so far? Reason I asked you guys! Google searches came up empty!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Found a few small electrics so far. Nothing to write home about. I did see a new market for flips though?! A lot of non running blowers in need of the Father/son touch!! ;) LOL What ya think????????

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finding some cheap ones so far. Have to sell pops on it! I have another leaf blower from EBAY show up!! Got to fix the pull cord to try it though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts