My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANOTHER Murray!! The ad was vague no price or location, I wrote him and he said it was FREE and he is 40+ miles out. I was out the door taking plow off truck! ;) :sidelaugh
Here is ad Murray Lawn Tractor
We went over and it had flat tires and normal stuff, strong mouse smell. We loaded it up and got right home. Had a surprise for mom at 1, a horse rescue was having open house and wanted to surprise mom with visit. We got home at 4 and got on the unloading and seeing what we got. Cleaned out the engine, thank God mouse must have been searching for food when we stole his house! :sarcasm:
Cleaned the plugs and swapped battery , fired up on choke clean and runs ok. Needs carb cleaned but runs and drives! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL About right! The price was right! I just have to fill pops truck up! Not to bad for no real work to get it fired. Needs deck belt for sure, cut in spots.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We so far have found only minor repair spots. The front of deck has damage, missing piece of steel. The deck belt itself is cracked badly. No dents in body and maybe minor repainting is in order!
Felt like God gave me a present! I love Murrays AND opposed twin Briggs! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup another victim!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
We worked on the latest victim today. Dad cleaned carb and we changed fuel line and removed gas tank to clean. Pressure washer made a appearance!! Cleaned the Murray and cars while it was out! Wasn't super cold today. We re installed deck belt, wrong size was installed. We will get new one. She runs well and everything works so far. We found the headlight harness stuffed behind gas tank?? I repaired the missing /damaged areas of wire and installed the lights harness. Found a headlight lens broken so it would allow light to fall out. We drilled lens and installed small screw as these parts are VERY hard to find. Happy with my new gift! :) Always feel good to hear a old girl live again!

Reactions: wh55

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
that thing turned out great! loved the sound of those v twin briggs. that will be a real easy sell in the spring. im surprised there are no decals. were those missing?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi 43128! Yes the decals were long gone! :( Shame too. The paint is weak in spots, going to try to buff it tomorrow. The best thing with opposed twins is idle! Sounds cool! We are debating on selling it to my uncle the tractor killer! We gave him a nice little Simplicity, he is complaining about it. Dad wants to take it back and make him pay for next one! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hit it with buffer and took my time! Was real oxidized!! Cleaned the seat back and dash with buffer. It cleaned up real good! Ran it around some more. Real happy with it so far!

Hey guys ,found a decal I could install!? UM NOT!!!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Cleaned up real nice!

Hey guys ,found a decal I could install!? UM NOT!!!
You're an honest man for not putting it on and marketing it that way. To the less informed, they might actually believe it and buy for that very reason.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Austen, would NEVER do that one! I don't like seeing it being done locally or on forums! We see WAY TO MANY Sears/Craftsman repainted JD colors and sold as such!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Looks great Eric!

Those older Murray Widebody tractors are getting harder and harder to find.. So many mudders/rompers buy them and turn them into off road mowers.. YouTube's Fearlessfront Being a notable example.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
So Eric, is that color blue or green? If it is blue, who sold that mower?

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Not quite the off green of a Sabre.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Kori for answering that one! I guess it was a different model Murray. We have had only one other NOT black! It was dark green.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts