My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found ANOTHER Craftsman to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dunno: :ThumbUp: :bag::howdy:
Craftsman ride on mower

Got it for $160. Going after work tomorrow to get it. Looks up our alley!
Will let you know tomorrow! :2th:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Should I plan on picking it up for you on the way to the BBQ? ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should I plan on picking it up for you on the way to the BBQ? ;)
Where are ya??? Been waiting forever here!! ( In NYC accent!! ) :sidelaugh
LOL
motor, you know me!!! :dunno::bag:
Well got home a little while ago. Not a bad machine, air cleaner lid is AWOL?? Guy took it apart and lost lid? ?I looked in two sheds as kid who is selling isn't home, left it to father! Dad had no idea of any parts missing, kid is to meet me with it? Would not hold my breath! Will look at my junk engines for it. Gas in oil, carb might be stuck float. On jump box at home would crank slow, compression release is inop, valves are tight. Bet this is real reason for sale! All in all, not too bad!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
motor, she got ALOT of life in her!! ;)
Dad worked on it while I was at work. He adjusted valves and she fired right up!
Here is the second video of it after running a while up/down road. ALOT better!!!
The carb acted dirty, he dumped Seafoam in the tank. We ran it for over twenty minutes, PO stated it died in that time. Gas was in oil so dad changed it before first fire. I drove it quite a ways around road. The idle and hunting vanished! Seafoam rocks! Seems solenoid is bad, only cranks at times, others click. Easy to check. We pressure washed it and it came out so nice, I buffed/detailed it! Deck needs paint. PO said it had new blades? Guess from factory?? LOL
Left gas on to see if carb needs attention or not tomorrow! Here are the pictures! ;)

Nice deck?? LOL

Took headlight lens out and cleaned it also.

Missing air cleaner lid might be in junkyard if kid don't call me!

Deck is missing brake spring, otherwise ok.

·
Registered
47 Posts
WOW! That thing looks brand new! Does just power washing clean it up like that? Great looking mower, are you putting the deck back on?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Veg, I use a rotary buffer and rubbing compound, then wax it. Also use trim shine for plastics and tire foam! Deck is being repainted and serviced first, then installed!

Reactions: Vegerito

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Bruce!! Couldn't believe how it came out! Was in detailing mode anyway yesterday! Nice weather helped!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Veg, I use a rotary buffer and rubbing compound, then wax it. Also use trim shine for plastics and tire foam! Deck is being repainted and serviced first, then installed!
Thank you, I may have to give this a try on mine, it looks brand new!!

That is a great find! Something you are going to keep for a while or flip it?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys! Veg, we do this as a hobby, we buy them and repair them together and sell. Split the money to help each other and pay for next challenge! :)
We worked on it some more today after gym. The fuel was left on to test and sure enough, filled piston and intake! Hydro-locked! Dad cleaned carb while I installed a new solenoid. Then another oil change as the oil was black, bet it was original oil before! :( Then dad tackled deck. He welded the crack and installed new blades and replaced belt. Then a coat of truck liner! Put it back on and now almost done!! He only needs to remove rear tires to anti-seize the axle and get a cleaner top. PO Texted me that he will split cost of it, he can't find it! :(
Well here she is and new video too!

What we were up against!

Weld action shot! I kept camera in front of my eyes to protect them!

Deck ready for install!!

Fresh from a long test drive with deck on!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts