My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does it mean when you have ALIEN ANT FARMS. coming out the wazoo in your yard. i mean big freaking hills.:help::help::help::help::help:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Not sure, I don't have any experience with ants.

I did a quick Google search and a couple sources say to first identify the type if you can for extermination purposes.

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, I don't have any experience with ants.

I did a quick Google search and a couple sources say to first identify the type if you can for extermination purposes.
they are those sweet ants. or maybe known as army ants. the ones you find all over town.:dunno:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Post a picture you putz ....

Is it in the grass or the garden ??

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
There is part of the issue, they have been there all along but, with a lot of rain, they will build their mounds higher out of the ground as it is saturating their home under ground.
I have the same issue here in central FL, and it's with the "Fire Ants" and they are some nasty boogers to deal with.

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I have the little redish guys around a couple of trees. They kept building along the house and I kept spreading the general pesticide I bought at Lowes and then they moved out into the yard. Years ago one time at my parents home they got into the kitchen cabinets. Cereal, cake mixes, anything in a box they found. Went outside and found a line going in and another coming back out on the bock foundation wall. We bought a can of commercial grade killer from the local pest control company. I doubt they would sell you that stuff over the counter anymore as I believe now you have to be licensed to handle it.

The little red guys don't worry me as much as the big black carpenter ants. When you have them you can bet you have rotting wood and a water leak someplace. Dealing with them is almost as bad as termites. Friend of mine's parents bought a home with large wood framed picture windows throughout that due to design held rain water on the sills. They had a real mess when those windows started to rot out and ended up with several foot below a bedroom window filled with ants. They had to open the wall up both inside and out to repair the damage between the wood rot and the ants building a huge nest.

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know, this all day drizzle is for the birds. Happy I got the potato and beets down yesterday.

Have you tried terro yet ??
Terro: Indoor/Outdoor Liquid Baits Ant Killer II, 1.4 Fl Oz - Walmart.com

That or go crazy and get a bag or two of insect control and broadcast it.
I use this around the foundation of the house and around the pool.
WELL if it ever dries out here in the paradise city. YOU PUTZ. i will be throwing that triazicide stuff down.:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
WELL if it ever dries out here in the paradise city. YOU PUTZ. i will be throwing that triazicide stuff down.
I use Triazicide, primarily for mosquitoes and know that it doesn't effect certain types of ants so
you may want to check and see if it is designed for the type of ants you are having issues with.

Good luck with your "mound builders."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts