My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sold the Red Craftsman with smokey engine to this mechanic locally. He was unconcerned with engine being weak. Requested we keep an eye out for a new engine for him. Sold it cheap due to that. He traded a Craftsman that has a shot deck and gave us this Simplicity. Already ran on choke cleaner. Had a bagger in good shape too. Deck looks real good. The hydro release is rust froze, had to take keyway out of wheel to move it easily!
Sold this tractor

Took in this trade.

Then this Simplicity is given to us.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looks like that Simplicity will clean up well! And holy crap, that LT4000 has a headlight lens!

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL I am removing the lens for the Green one you see in background with bagger, also scalp wheels off the rusty deck!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
motor, should have wrote better. The Craftsman runs/mows. Needs a deck!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Is that a Briggs on the Simplicity? I can't tell with all the dirt!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Looks to be a briggs Vortec, That Simplicity is exactly like that Deutz Allis you had awhile back isn't it? I think I prefer the Deutz Colors on that versus the Simplicity.. But those are some nice tractors!

Should clean up well.. :2th:

also Vortec, What's wrong with the Headlight lens?

-Stan

·
Registered
507 Posts
Older Craftsman/AYP and Craftsman/Murray tractors are almost ALWAYS missing the headlight lens...usually a Murray more so than the AYP/Husqvarna/Roper made units.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, yup small Briggs. These style Craftsman Kori seem to be missing headlight lens. We had two so far without. I mounted the lens on green on and the scalp wheels. Also fabbed a retainer bolt for bagger.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That was quite the haul!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We washed the Simplicity up and worked on the Green Craftsman. I also smashed my big toe with a deck! Reason no update last night. Some blood on sock lets you know you did a good one! Also throbbing in foot! :(
The Craftsman with the tractor we are using the parts for!

The Simplicity cleaned up!

It moves and runs! pops moving to strip some goodies off it!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Sorry to hear that you hurt yourself! That will happen sometimes when you're working with equipment. :( The Simplicity's looking real good though! :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks motor! Dad got the Simplicity running when I got home and re installed keyway into wheel and she drives good too!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome job, Eric! Question, who/what is buried where the cross is at in one of the above photos?
Thanks man. This is where our Husky Smoke is buried. Gave him front and center to hobby!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He passed away over three years ago. Kinda started this hobby right before he passed!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts