My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We tried the 17.5 HP Briggs we yanked out of the other green Craftsman. It seem good, runs well. Might have been a magneto issue. PO Told me it was going bad, had a lot of gas in oil. Sounds ok now!? We worked a while figuring out the wiring nightmare the PO did to tractor!:angry::banghead:
Found the gas tank is split! Had to remove whole rear pan! Pain to get too. Dad is trying to glue it, I will look for new one.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was thinking about fuel tank and realized a problem. I have a tractor that had a fuel pump engine with a engine with OUT a fuel pump!! :( Thank God I also have quite a few parts laying around. I have a Craftsman front mount fuel tank AND a battery box! Dad tried it after I called him to tell him the news, the battery box fits like it is ment to be there! Thank God Craftsman/ AYP make the tractor for many different engine /tank combos!! The swap will now only need a new batteyr positive cable routed in spot of fuel line,the tank looks like the bolt holes are even in tractor for it!! :)
I have to rewire PTO, did not hear click when wired this way, might have backwards. Wires from PTO were same color? Minor issue at moment!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE!! She lives! Dad was busy today! He found a positive cable already made up from a junked Craftsman and used that. Then gas tank mounts like factory! He made up line and put pan back on after pressure washing it! First time it moved on own power! Traction belt seems to slip, won't go too fast and in high gear won't go up hill. Will check that out next. Was happy to test drive it after work! :)
MOV01401.mp4 Video by ericjr16 | Photobucket

Reactions: Austen

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That was fast! Good work!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Kori, youtube at time seemed broke, would not let me upload! I plan on uploading there soon. Covering a guy on vaca at work. That why I am checking during day! Too busy lately at home!
On he next note, I am real happy to actually drive it! Dad mocked up deck, will work! YEA! Now the get new spindle housing and figure out traction belt slipping!?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hey Kori, youtube at time seemed broke, would not let me upload! I plan on uploading there soon. Covering a guy on vaca at work. That why I am checking during day! Too busy lately at home!
On he next note, I am real happy to actually drive it! Dad mocked up deck, will work! YEA! Now the get new spindle housing and figure out traction belt slipping!?
I haven't uploaded a new video in a few days so I have no idea..

A deck sounds good! It's no fun to roll without cutting!

-Stan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts