My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to put in a good plug for the Lawn Boy/TORO website.
I went there looking for a manual and for some reason their manual site was down or something but it did not have the info I was looking for. I dropped them an email requesting an operators and service manual for that Silver Series I just picked up. Within a couple days I received two PDFs in the email with my manuals! Since then I went back and the site was working and got the parts manual too! I thought it was good they followed up on my request and just wanted to share that with you.

This is a link to the site:
Lawn-Boy | The Choice is Clear Cut
This is a link to the manuals page:
https://support.lawnboy.com/portal/server.pt/community/product_center/217

Just have your model and ser# handy, hope this helps!

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
I think Ebay is your best bet , you can still get new with reasonable shipping , if I need something I cant find on Ebay I use www.mowerpartpros.com or www.partstree.com ... but with these companies , as an example , I need a black commercial primer bar ... price $5.25 , (not bad) shipping $7.00 (bad) all of a sudden my $5 part cost me $12.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I didn't know if you had a secret LB supplier ;) I'll just shop around and see if I get lucky. One of those is a regular sorce for me. Thank you

But is it really a Lawn Boy with a 4-stroke engine? It is not the same without the loud smokey 2-strokes. Sadly, they look like all the other mowers out there today.
Hooks, The Silver Series is a 2 stroke that resembles the old school LBs, its just not the original "Old" LB. Its a Lawn Boy under the TORO umbrella. One day, I hope to be able to tell you where any nut or bolt came from off of a LB... ;) Sorry King, I'll bring the donuts :bag:

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, no coil but I'll take a look at everything else and if everything looks good I'll start buying parts. Thanks for the info. I'll be picking your mind when I get started though. I'll continue in the original thread of my find or I'll start a new one for the Silver Series ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you give me a part number I will look in my super secret stash and see what I got for a coil. I bought the old stock from a closing shop a couple years ago and there is no telling what is laying around here. Out of over 6000 part numbers, probably 30%+ of the stuff is NLA. The trick is finding someone who NEEDS what I got. The other issue, like with my Onan stuff that will fit my SS16, is getting me to part with something i 'might" need someday.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If everything looks reconditionalble "new word" I'll order some parts. The Coil (CD ignition part# 684049) parts diagram says it has the SP wire with it. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
got a 683215 (F series open to run) but not a 684049. Always worth the couple minutes to check. Also looks like it is superceeded to 992916. jacks shows it as a good Toro or Lawnboy number, but the Toro number is almost $3 higher for the same part. $52.42 in the LB#.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.