1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Had to laugh at the Arizona guys marveling at the rust holes in the floor of the wrecker and the snow inside. Been there done that. :D Around here in that time period it only took about 10 years for them to do that. I helped my grandfather hang new sheet steel under the back seat floor of his 1964 Malibu in the middle 70's. I done the same thing again on our 78 jeep Wagoner in the middle 1980's and plastered roof cement around the seams trying to keep some of the water out. Guess that is why external rust does not bother me too much. Long as the frame rails are solid, engine and chassis mechanical still reasonably sound and my feet are dry and the carpet is not moldy I'm content to run it for a few more miles. :2th:

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Love watching those guys.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had to laugh at the Arizona guys marveling at the rust holes in the floor of the wrecker and the snow inside. Been there done that. :D Around here in that time period it only took about 10 years for them to do that. I helped my grandfather hang new sheet steel under the back seat floor of his 1964 Malibu in the middle 70's. I done the same thing again on our 78 jeep Wagoner in the middle 1980's and plastered roof cement around the seams trying to keep some of the water out. Guess that is why external rust does not bother me too much. Long as the frame rails are solid, engine and chassis mechanical still reasonably sound and my feet are dry and the carpet is not moldy I'm content to run it for a few more miles. :2th:
:D

You do what you have to do some times!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts