My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my search for a Lawnboy, I came across an add on craigslist for a lot of ten lawnmowers, one LB 2 cycle, two LB 4 cycles, and various other lawnmowers in relatively good condition, though the guy didn't know if they ran or not. I went to take a look at them and most of them ran fine. So I decided to take all ten of them...can't go wrong for $17.50 apiece!

Sofar there are four of them that I haven't gotten running, one of them having a torn rope-start, and the others needing some carberator tuneup. THe Lawn Boy 2 cycle is a model #680541. I don't have the model #'s here for the other two 4 cycle LB's, but I know the one has a Silver Pro 4.5hp engine.

I'm still not sure wether to restore the 2 cycle LB or to wait till I find a better one. I'm also beginning to realize how much time a full restoration project could take...and I don't think I have enough time this winter for sure. Anyway, for now I'll be kept busy with cleaning up and repairing these for awhile...

I'll try and post some photos for you'all soon! :)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Wow,

That sounds like quite the deal!!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are a few pics...

LawnBoy #680541

LawnBoy #10302

Murray with the oldfashioned front-wheel drive system; needs a drive chain

Toro Personal Pace; needs a new starter rope

Scotts 6.75 hp with bagger...needs carb cleaning

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on your find Wayne.

I found a similar "winter project" when a guy at work told me he was taking his push mowers to the landfill. After only a couple of questions, I told him I'd take them off his hands if he was just getting rid of them. The good news is both of them run, just need a little bit of fine tuning and maybe repainting one of the decks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts