My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob gave me two game cameras and I set one for video and other for stills. Well I finally got some great footage of my rare Summitville bird " Blackbearasauras" !!

This one he smashes his face and lays down!

Final video from yesterday he smashed station down almost onto himself!!

Some stills. Shot over a few nights. Can see my work truck for morning delivery in background of a few!

This one looks like he sniffed camera! It was moved slightly!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He did some silly things! The first time I got him, he did not touch ANYTHING? Think something scared him off?

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you ever decide he needs to move on then just put some fresh Cheyenne pepper flakes in the food. Don't be down wind and a dust mask is a fairly good idea, you don't want to inhale this stuff.
It won't harm the birds, they don't have taste buds per say or the bear.
The bears pretty neat though.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had bear for many years now. I take feeders in after first hit. Almost same time every year. You can see I left only one empty or near empty feeder out, he still knocked it over! Lol

Reactions: devans

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Woah!! Great footage there! That must be pretty nuts to have that kind of activity in your yard, I'll bet.

Yes, you certainly do have a visitor there!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank God he never notices the seed garbage steel can ! It is covered in homemade hut dad made for it. He actually goes right by it! 90# of it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Never under estimate the power of a bears sniffer :2cents:
A few moth balls inside the little hut may help disguise the scent :dunno:
He looks to be a good eating size come fall :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Phil! We use ammonia and he seems to disregard the area. Helps that tractors are by it I bet!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Eric , I guess ammonia would work well , if anything can mess up a sensitive nose ammonia would :cool

I just mentioned moth balls because we use them by the doors and windows at camp at winter close up time so in the spring there is less interesting smells for a hungry bear to want to break in and investigate.
Amazing to clean up after they break in , canned goods like soups and beans have enough scent for them to open and lap up the juices from. Yet the typically ( only happened 3 times at 2 places , so a small sample to judge a pattern by ) will skip the tomato soup cans and rip the others up.
:2cents:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Phil, I had the Bear find the can once, think car scared it away. Ate 20# at least! :)

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
....This one he smashes his face and lays down!
Well looks like the 3 big white bears that walk on their hind legs are all asleep in their den. Time for a late night snack. BOINK!!! Owwwwww! I'm seeing double and dizzy! Owwwwww! Medic! I need to set down! I feel like I'm going to pass out! Owwwwwww!

:sidelaugh

Next week you'll receive notice in the mail he's hired an attorney and suing for injuries sustained on your property due to a poorly secured bird feeder.

:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That explains some shady character in suit behind my tractors!!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
This is getting good! All h*** broke loose when Yogi showed up!:sidelaugh

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This explains alot! My Suburban was repo'ed! Lawyer said it was compensation!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts