My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wondering if you are looking forward to some seat time! We are ready. The Craftsman is gassed and ready! What Craftsman do you have to use in the snowstorm in your area? Here is mine! 18.5HP Briggs dual opposed twin. Great running engine! We just put on a new Magneto, the other one quit as it was idling!? Weird!

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
That looks like a very capable setup, Eric! Watching the weather this morning and it looks as though you might need it quite soon...:cool

What is snow? Been down here since '93 and it may snow once every 4-5 years. An inch if we're lucky. 40 years in northern CA, snowed every winter but never had a blower or a tractor. (Now have 4 CUT's and 2 riders ;) )

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL,we are finding out right now!! Snowing pretty hard here! We have about 4" right now.The hardest is still to come!!??

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Nice set up Eric, unfortunately I can't say much about snow, however that would clear a patch of sugar sand nicely!
:sidelaugh
Nice to see you stopped back by, pull up a chair a sit a spell!

·
Super Moderator
6,147 Posts
I'm envious! Looks like you've got the equipment to handle the storm you're going to get.

Take pictures:pics::pics::pics: Been so long since I've seen snow that amounts to anything, I forget what it looks like.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! The plow is down ,of course when we need it! :( Water in fluid, it is froze. The plow won't go up. We can't get it in garage due to the height. Our lift is in the way! God willing no worries. Tomorrow we will change fluid, and bleed it!

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update, thank God for torches! We got it to work last night. Then covered it with blankets after plowing some. Today woke up to ALOT of snow, but not like most people got up here! About 8-10 "!

·
Super Moderator
6,147 Posts
It actually looks kind of pretty where you're at Eric. Haven't heard how some other areas are doing. Hopefully nothing too bad to deal with.

Just cold here. My line of thinking, if it's going to be cold, there should at least be snow to go with it, but we haven't had that much.

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
That's a lot of snow alright! I was hearing about it on the news last night, you guys sure had a big storm.

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We got off lucky here! Up north ,you have poor people with 4' and higher snow drifts! :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice tractor, my friend...a 1996 model, if I'm not mistaken?

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good eye lawmower man! We bought it new. The machine has been a very good one. We are planning to restore it back this summer, getting rust on footsteps. Might put taillights on it too! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.