My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a part number for a oregon gator blade for a 8230. Or would a 21 inch universal work?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I personally have not used the Gator blades. However, I do like the Lawnboy Tri-Cut blade. Seems to mulch, bag, and side discharge well. I do have a very nice, near new 21" blade, stiffener, and washer that would work nicely on the 8230. I believe it is an Aladdin blade. If your interested I can take a picture and post it here. Bill

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I personally have not used the Gator blades. However, I do like the Lawnboy Tri-Cut blade. Seems to mulch, bag, and side discharge well. I do have a very nice, near new 21" blade, stiffener, and washer that would work nicely on the 8230. I believe it is an Aladdin blade. If your interested I can take a picture and post it here. Bill
Yes that would be great too see.
I currently have a what I believe is a lawn boy blade on there seems to be a regular blade style. But when tightened down the blade bows inward towards the stiffener....

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I will try to get a picture of the blade taken and posted tomorrow. The old style flat stock Lawnboy blades need a big fender type washer between the blade and the stiffener. The washer is not used on the 19", only on the 21". Bill

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I will try to get a picture of the blade taken and posted tomorrow. The old style flat stock Lawnboy blades need a big fender type washer between the blade and the stiffener. The washer is not used on the 19", only on the 21". Bill
I had received this blade as part of a package deal with a mower about a year ago. It appeared to be very lightly used as you can tell from the close ups of the sharpened areas.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that looks just like what is on mine now.... only the washer was on top of the blade. Like blade adapter then stiffener blade washer nut ..... I guess the washer could and should go between the stiffener and blade....

·
Premium Member
319 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
AFAIK, all Lawnboy 2-stroke mowers use the same blade for their size 21" or 19". A generic blade might require the obsolete blade stiffener, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts