My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years I've been a fan of running Oregon's Gator mulching blades with a side discharge. They take less power and are quieter (moving less air) than normal up lift blades that most mowers have. They also grind up the grass and spread it better than anything else I've seen, without the capacity problems of tall grass in closed mulching deck.

I just got a 42 inch ZT XL Gravely. Right away, I tried to order some Gator blades for my new Gravely and was told they weren't available.

BUT..... I did some research and found some.

Just in case anyone is interested. The Gator blade p/n 396-714 -or- Rotary p/n 15-6316 are 14 1/2 inch long alligator style blades with a 5/8 inch center hole. They will replace the Gravely 02961600 blade. :ThumbUp:

Cheers everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Good stuff, appreciate you sharing the info with the forum :cool

Have you posted pics of your Gravely? If not, would love to see some. I'm a fan of the older Gravely machines(should have a few more after a Florida coming up) , but must admit I don't keep up with the new stuff as much as I should :bag:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I didn't see your reply for several months. :sorry:

I'll post a few pictures here, but didn't see another place with a photo board like some forums have. I do very much enjoy my Gravely mower since getting it last fall!

IMO they're the most overlooked and highest value ZTR mower on the market today. :2th:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
For years I've been a fan of running Oregon's Gator mulching blades with a side discharge. They take less power and are quieter (moving less air) than normal up lift blades that most mowers have. They also grind up the grass and spread it better than anything else I've seen, without the capacity problems of tall grass in closed mulching deck.

I just got a 42 inch ZT XL Gravely. Right away, I tried to order some Gator blades for my new Gravely and was told they weren't available.

Just in case anyone is interested. The Gator blade p/n 396-714 -or- Rotary p/n 15-6316 are 14 1/2 inch long alligator style blades with a 5/8 inch center hole. They will replace the Gravely 02961600 blade. 👍

Cheers everyone!
Will these blades fit the gravely zt x 42

Just in case anyone is interested. The Gator blade p/n 396-714 -or- Rotary p/n 15-6316 are 14 1/2 inch long alligator style blades with a 5/8 inch center hole. They will replace the Gravely 02961600 blade. 👍

Cheers everyone!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello SouthernBoy8 - welcome to the forum
I recently could not find Gator Blades for my Cub Cadet and Snapper. I called their 800 number listed on Oregon Products website for help. They answered fairly quickly - under 5 minutes. "Becky" was real friendly and told me they have a much more extensive cross reference list. She gave me the part numbers for each application. If you have the OEM original blade part number it helps out for them to cross over.
Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts