My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cub Cadet 1500 series hydrostatic mower. Built in 2006, purchased new in 2010. 6 months after purchase , the brake pedal when pressed, moves to the right. The bolt on the bottom of that brake pedal shaft will prevent the gas pedal from disengaging. You have to reach down and manually push the brake pedal to the left to allow the acceleration to stop. To me this is a bad mechanical engineering defect. Cub Cadet claims they have never had this problem reported, ever, to their recall teams.
Any ideas how to fix this ?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Could you post some pictures or maybe a short video of the problem? Sounds like worn or missing bushings?? just a guess for now.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Could you post some pictures or maybe a short video of the problem? Sounds like worn or missing bushings?? just a guess for now.
Ditto, either that or a locking pin or key is missing holding the pedal shaft in position. That much movement just does not sound normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pix posted now

I took pix yesterday afternoon with my phone, hopefully you can see the bolt in question and the spacing between the accelerator pedal and that brake pedal shaft.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Looking at some diagrams it looks like you might have the wrong screw in there. Looks like there is a flat headed screw (Low Profile) that goes in there. Do you have the exact model and serial # for you unit?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
There is also a bushing on the shaft that could be worn or missing allowing the pedal to lean over and block your other pedal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts