My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since part of this forum is trouble shooting advice, I've got a couple of more woes with my mower. After use, I store it in the garage only to come back later and find the gas tank nearly empty. There are no visible leaks on the floor or around the gas tank (cracks) and the hose is not spongy indicating a weepy or rotten hose. It seems keeping the choke pulled all the way out slows the loss, but not completely stop it. Can it evaporate out of the carburetor? It's not a gravity type fuel system, but does have a fuel pump. Am I just imagining things or is this really happening? Anyone else experience something like this?
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Check your oil level, my guess is it is going into crankcase.
Pull out dipstick check level and smell to see if that is where it went.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check your oil level, my guess is it is going into crankcase.
Pull out dipstick check level and smell to see if that is where it went.
Good idea, but I don't think so. I check oil/level regularly and nothiing out of the ordinary.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
smell the oil! Bet it smells of gas.

Reactions: djg

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
oil level isnt every thing, run the engine for a minute and check the color of your oil, if its gray or otherwise off color, there is gas in your oil

·
Registered
730 Posts
Not possible to flood into cylinder with bad needle seat...Assuming it's a low mounted tank with fuel pump...not even syphoning can't do it...Maybe youre just having a "bad dream"...Wake UP !....PS...what model make/model is it ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not possible to flood into cylinder with bad needle seat...Assuming it's a low mounted tank with fuel pump...not even syphoning can't do it...Maybe youre just having a "bad dream"...Wake UP !....PS...what model make/model is it ?
It's a Craftsman 18 HP (Kohler twin) Model No.917.255980 (Mower not engine).

An yes, maybe I'm just imaginiing things, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts