My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help before I spent what little cash I do have. I need to buy a small lawn/tractor. And am totally confused. I have an old Craftsman that is wore out. I don't have the money for a high end tractor. So I need to keep it under $2500.00. I would like something with a deck about 42-48 and hopefully a Kohler or Kaw. motor. And not sure to buy one of the green, yellow or orange ones? I need some suggestions. I only mow about a half acre, but do have somewhat steep slope. No plowing or anything like that. HELP

Backwater

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
There a lots of fine machines that would fit your needs, but I'll start out by recommending that you shop around and check out the dealers in your area, irregardless of brand. A good dealer who will stand by the product and give good service over the life of the machine is probably one of the most important features.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
:ditto: The first thing to do is get an honest dealer who won't rip you off initially and then nickel and dime you into the ground.:2cents:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
You can find some real nice machines in that price range used also! A low hours x-series John Deere could be had that was $4000 new! One thing is to stay away from the big box tractors. Even the John Deere ones, not as good quality as the actual John Deere is dealer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts