My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...First time poster here...I own a CC LTX 1046 bought new from a local dealer in 2010...This machine has run flawless from day one...EXCEPT TODAY!!...First cut of the year and I went maybe 40 yards and it shut off just like flipping a light switch...My first thought was the seat sensor...Upon checking things out I came across a fuse at the relay ( 20 amp )...Sure enough the fuse was blown and as I patted myself on the back, I replaced it and away I went...FOR ANOTHER 50 YARDS!!...Again it shut down...Again a blown fuse...I went thru 4 fuses, some lasting longer than others but none past 6 minutes ( most 3-4 minutes )...I even tried a 30 amp and that one blew too after a few minutes...I noticed, if it matters, that the PTO disengages a second before it shuts down...Has anybody had these issues, and if so, what was the fix?...I hate to have to call the dealer and have to pay him to pick up, fix and deliver back to me if its something I can do myself...ANY suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.............

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Check all the wiring around the PTO then and see if something is grounding out, You could of had a mouse chew a wire or, a wire has just chaffed and making contact with the frame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your quick replies / suggestions...Today I put in a new 20 amp fuse and went back out into the yard...I drove around first without the PTO engaged for 12-15 minutes without shutdown...I then engaged the PTO and resumed cutting the rest of the yard and after 15-20 minutes it blew the fuse, just like yesterday...At this point I don't know if it would have blown without it being engaged if I had given it more time or if the PTO is faulty in some way...I have read on another post that the voltage regulator / rectifier could be the problem...I hate to just start throwing parts at this thing but the dealer I bought it from doesn't exactly have the best reputation for their service dept...I could easily throw on a regulator...The online parts shop sells them for around $68...Not sure what the dealer would want...Any thoughts or ideas??...Thanks................

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well...Quickest is to borrow, or buy a DMM if you don't have one...Measure the battery when eng is running...Let us know the reading...If not practical to do now...and you're confident the battery is relatively new and healthy...just unplug the regulator, mow the lawn...you will be slowly discharging the battery, and you prob will need to recharge it later with bat charger..But, you should be able to prove theory of bad regulator or not...

·
Registered
242 Posts
1) as already advised and ignored, check the wiring to the PTO for chafing, very common.
2) get some wire and some blade terminals.
Dissconnect the pto and put an inline fuse between each end of one terminal and a jumper on the other Could do 2 inline fuses dosnt really matter. It is only a temporary checking device . Use a 15a fuse in the holder and go mow.
Fuse blows then the PTO is toast, mower fuse blows problem is elsewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts