My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, picked this up today. A Murray rebranded tractor. Yardking? Real clean for the age, no rust really only on deck. Top of hood is worse paint, might buff out some? We took engine apart and out, blown rod took out cam also. We have a sweet Kohler Command we will swap into it I think!

Look what was hiding under flywheel! YUCK! Pops pulled the tail off thinking it was bad wire!!

Tare down showed the damage!

Did not Pressure wash this machine! This clean is nice!

The engine we will use.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The Yard King rides again, the Kohler Commands are great engines, that MTD will be good to go for a long time! Good job gents!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean Murray right Mike!! ;)
It sure looks like the Murray machines I have, controls are all same unlike a MTD!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Busting on ya Mike! Reason I guessed Murray is a friend told me and the controls are all spitting image of Murray set up! :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
I thought MTD at first as well, but the hood vents, PTO engage, dash, and hood all scream Murray. The front clip is similar to a Murray Ultra, and I've seen some Ultra's with that front clip but can't find a picture.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SHE LIVES!! Drives and mows! Need to figure out the kill wire, will shut off with carb solenoid. Made video and it almost died?? Turned out my new fuel line hung up choke linkage! Only online to get wiring diagram. Pics/video to come!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Having issues with hood mounting, seems wrong to us. Only opens a small amount but this seems only way it goes on??
This is as far as it opens??

Very limited ways to mount it, wish PO had it on instead of off.
The wiring was the way the factory wired it, must be seated for the kill ground to open? Had a John Deere wired like that too, messed me up for a bit! Thank God we found it! Runs/mows nice. Blades were so dull, never removed or sharpened! The drive belt is slightly cracked. We changed fuel line and lubed it up, never greased of course! I got the headlight harness repaired, hit muffler sometime in its life. Enjoyed driving it, in video you'll see that the fuel line was routed too close to linkage, I got choke stuck on at end! Easy fix at least!

The factory stops for hood seem too close! Too tin off to make it easier to see issues!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is the same thoughts we had! Got it real cheap too!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dad fixed the hood by bending factory stops. I cleaned behind the headlight lens and only dirt! Very clean tractor! We decided to keep her! I like the little tractor and it mows so nice! Easy to drive too!
They still act as stops!! SWEET!

Cleaned up wiring!

Family portrait!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks man! Reason I wanted it! Rare machine also!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Um??? What do ya mean mr motor?? :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Forgot to tell you guys we tested her good! Nice lady up the road is a widow and asked dad to service her tractors. Dad repaired her main MTD and she asked him to look over the little one. Carb leaked all the fuel in oil and other issues. It is a All Wheel steering tractor?!? NEAT! Well I drove my little Yard-King a mile to tow it home with dad Sunday. It ran great up and towing other machine home! Only issue was dad found her machine had NO BRAKES and he rear ended me!! No damage, but funny afterwards!
Here it is after dad cleaned and serviced it. He went to drive it home and secondary belt broke and got tangled into primary belt! Dad had a heck of a time getting a new belt on and old on out!

Here we are right after towing it home!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL IT is a friendly tractor!! Was a nice ride for 1-2 miles or so Sunday! Not sure how far, but quite a ways up the road! Neighbors stop to yack with me on way up!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts