·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Cool stuff!

The test 'stand' almost looks like a car! All it needs is a body over it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Neat video, Eric! Bet that would be really cool to arch on a dark night with the Flames out the exhaust ports!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Both cool engines...wouldn't want to be as close to that propeller as those people are though!

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Those fellows in that first video seemed a bit apprehensive to get too close. I had to see what all the hubub was about, and here's the narrative that went with it.

Original

Erster Start von unserem Panzermotor Rover Meteor. Er ist identisch mit Rolls Royce Merlin. Der war in aufgeladener Version mit Einspritzung in der Spitfire, P51 Mustang und Lancaster Bomber mit bis z

Translation

First start by our armoured motor Rover Meteor. He is identical with Rolls Royce Merlin. He was Mustang and Lancaster bomber in supercharged version with fuel injection in the Spitfire, P51-z

First start so they probably thought there was the possibility of things going haywire on them. Those air filters looked impossibly small for it, didn't they.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS BRUCE!! I wished I knew what they said! That engine sure looks scary if something went wrong!!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
THANKS BRUCE!! I wished I knew what they said! That engine sure looks scary if something went wrong!!
Awwwww come on..... You don't think Pops could do a tune up on it? Maybe pitch the blade, do an oil change, and get the throttle lined out! :sidelaugh:ROFL

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MY DAD!! Shoot knowing him he'd strip it down in a day and rebuild it, then drive it to town!! MR Energizer bunny at 72!

Reactions: bwhitsonjr
1 - 11 of 11 Posts