My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Hi Ken is that a cool walk behind or what!! This might be a prototype by that tag!! Where did you find it?? I never heard of this type machine. I had a Ford tractor that had the same engine and that deck almost looks the same??

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
I did a Google and only found your other post!! That sir is a unique item for sure. I have to say it is in great shape for what appears to be late '70-early '90's machine.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Think you may have a rare piece there, treat it with a lot of care! What a great find.

You may want to contact the Ford tractor company or some entity of it to find out if it was a prototype like Eric said as they might have some historical literature on it.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Woah, that is quite the find! :ThumbUp::cool I really like the name plate and the Ford writing on it.

That one definitely deserves a place in the garage.

We'll have to research some history. "Not for sale" really makes you wonder. Thanks for sharing it! :cool

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Boy oh boy, that has got to be super rare! Obviously it was something the Ford company was thinking about bringing into production with the way that tag reads. Makes you wonder how many "samples" there are out there!

The Jacobsen mower company manufactured garden tractors that the Ford company sold under their name. I wonder if they had anything to do with that walk behind?

This came up on gardenguides.com

Ford Lawn-Mower Information | Garden Guides

Found this on MTF. Scroll down to a picture of a small walk behind. It definitely has Jacobsen features.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=92500&page=2

The folks at Jacobsen have always been helpful in answering any question I've had about their vintage machines. If they had anything to do with the manufacture of this one, maybe they could help you too.

http://www.jacobsen.com/americas-contact-us/

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
That is extremely cool! Wow, what a find. In my eyes, a piece of history. I would keep her safe and do some digging. Congrats :ThumbUp:

Oh, just one question Ken.....can I have it? I mean, I really, really like it.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Don't suppose that fellow you got that one from would happen to have another sitting around, would he?:^:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not sure if I will keep it or not but for the right price ? I do believe this is apart of ford history and it should go to some one that would restore it the right way. It is pretty cool thou. Sample 3 of how many?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I do believe this is apart of ford history and it should go to some one that would restore it the right way.
Agreed. Definitely deserves to be restored.

It wouldn't be right to see it get sold off to a non-understanding party who's sole intention was to use it commercially and run it into the ground.

I'd like to see this on our FB page.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
I'd love to own it myself. Dad would have fits over more stuff to keep!

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Out of curiosity, how did the person you got it from come by owning it? Were they able to shed any light on it's history?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Out of curiosity, how did the person you got it from come by owning it? Were they able to shed any light on it's history?
:ditto:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Found this on another site,

The thread was 2008 and the pic was from a dealer who was asking $700. It did not run at the time.

It was said that they were made for Ford by Gilson.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Found this on another site,

The thread was 2008 and the pic was from a dealer who was asking $700. It did not run at the time.

It was said that they were made for Ford by Gilson.
Nice find! :2th:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts