My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me this KX500 doesn't sound delicious.

· Registered
219 Posts
Austen, Good Video of the KX doing it!! Who ever took the film did a good job of editing it. The first start up with that shiny pipe sounded good. The Music was good also!! The very end you could here some one winding it out.. That had a good sound. Kind of like the opening.. I do not know the rider tho. I seen it Sunday but did not watch the Video. It was cold here in MI 30-40's and some snow?? Should be 50's. I was doing painting inside the house and putting on some casing around some doors..

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the editing was good. I like videos like that. I agree about the music.

Destry Abbott is a Baja 1000 racer.

· Registered
219 Posts
Another Video

Here is another Video that was suggested after I watched yours. More CR and KX 500 Now you got me looking for big bore dirt bikes. How about this one a 99 CR500 Street Legal!! Not sure on the price seams a little high. I think if I got one I would half to put some street tires on it and make it a Supermotard!! Honda Cr 500

Check out this Video.. It has some good 2 stroke sounds. You also got me thinking of another cycle I need to find on youtube. I'll post it here when I find it..
What was the largest cc 2 stroke single cycle did they make?? What year and who made it??? :dunno:
Two Stroke Smoke and on the Pipe!! Got to love it!!

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is another Video that was suggested after I watched yours.
Nice find! Don't think I've seen that one before. Good clips of them both together.

More CR and KX 500 Now you got me looking for big bore dirt bikes.
Watch it! You're gonna get hooked!
Seriously though, they're a thrill-a-minute and are determined to deplete every once of energy you have in you.

How about this one a 99 CR500 Street Legal!! Not sure on the price seams a little high. I think if I got one I would half to put some street tires on it and make it a Supermotard!!
Oh yeah, a street legal CR500 supermoto would be rad. People usually want mad money for a plated CR. Check out this guy's build, one of the nicest I've seen: Honda CR500 Fully Road Legal Supermoto

I think this video tells all:

A dream on mine would be a modern CRF450 suspension swap on a CR500.

Speaking of which, have you heard of Service Honda? You can get the best of both worlds; a CR500 engine inside a modern CR250/450 chassis with a warranty. https://www.servicehonda.com/2010-models48/honda34/2012-500af

What was the largest cc 2 stroke single cycle did they make?? What year and who made it???
Hmmm, that's a good question. The Maico 700 comes to mind. I've heard 700 is like a tractor though; it doesn't wind out like the small CCs motors do.

Two Stroke Smoke and on the Pipe!! Got to love it!!

· Registered
219 Posts
Maico 700

Both of those videos were good. The first one man, they could not keep the front wheel down!! Sounds like they were having fun!! The Finke Desert racing had some good footage also. I have a hard time in loose sand. I would rather be on a Quad in the loose stuff. :2cents:
Maico I did not even know they brought back the name in new dirt bikes. I was in a dealer last year and saw Husqvarna dirt bikes also. 2 and 4 stroke. Just have not keep up with the dirt scene.
I did not even know they made a 700 single cylinder till last night. I was searching for big single 2 stroke. This Video is pretty good. That has to be a big piston! 100mm and 78 HP HOLY MAN!! I also see ATK is using the motor.. It may be a tractor, and not be quick revving, but I would sure like to ride it. What do the ports look like?? Baseball size?? I would be laying in the dirt and not know what happened. Wow..

As the saying goes, I would rather ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.. I still would like to ride one for a short time!!

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did not even know they made a 700 single cylinder till last night. I was searching for big single 2 stroke. This Video is pretty good. That has to be a big piston! 100mm and 78 HP HOLY MAN!! I also see ATK is using the motor.. It may be a tractor, and not be quick revving, but I would sure like to ride it. What do the ports look like?? Baseball size?? I would be laying in the dirt and not know what happened. Wow..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=R...&v=-GiRtQZlnbw
Yeah, no kidding!! Cool video, haven't seen that one before. That's pretty cool you can buy the motor separately. Surprised they were running it on a dyno with a full knobby as it's going to come up with lower numbers than what it should be putting out. With a street tire it should be displaying more HP on the dyno.

As the saying goes, I would rather ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow..
There's definitely that too. It can be more fun at times to be able to use the full power of a bike vs. only a fraction.

· Registered
219 Posts
Sled powered Motorcycle

Alright I found the bike I would love to build. 900 Arctic Cat Thunder Cat motor 165 HP stock. in a Suzuki. I have seen this bike and touched it and sat on it. Very nicely done. In August we have the Woodward Dream Cruise. Motor head Heaven!! It pretty much goes on for 2 weeks, but officially the third Saturday of August. There is lots of info or videos out there on that. Thursday I was out there strolling around a parking lot full of nice cars. I here the Ring Ding of a multi 2 stroke piped. Later I heard it again going the other way. Made a bee line to the street. The next day I found the bike and talked to him. Took pics. It looks quality.. Nice welds. Lot better than my welds. This guy is out of OH. There is also guys making sleds legal for road use.!
One other item while I was thinking about this. In September the US131 dragway has a bike sled only day. Very nice event if it does not rain. LOTS of sleds and bikes. I think I know where the Kawasaki 2 stroke Triples went. There were lots of them racing. Making good power!!.

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh man, that thing is crazy!!!! Never heard of a snowmobile swap into a bike before. I like it!!

Man, the video captures how instantly the power comes on. I love how he can light the tire up so easily. It sounds amazing too!! I'd love to take that one for a spin. :ThumbUp:
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.