My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Toro mower (mentioned in this thread: http://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/for...785-battery-question-electric-start-toro.html) has been working very well so far -- that is...until I washed it a bit too exuberantly last night after using.

I've done this successfully many times but admittedly I was way more thorough on that washing and very likely didn't pay enough attention to exactly where the hose was pointing while I was using my usual stick and wire brush.

The result is that I now have an almost new and -- now very clean :D -- mower that won't start. I tried repeatedly yesterday (I always run it after washing to help dry it) with no luck so I removed the spark plug. I also took off the air filter but it was completely dry -- apparently I managed to miss that with the hose. The plug was wet with gas so I dried it off and left it out overnight.

Before I put the plug back in today I squirted a bit of starting fluid in the hole, assembled all, and it started, albeit reluctantly. It ran for about 30 seconds and then died. No luck since then, so right now I have the plug out again and the mower sitting in the sun.

What might I try next?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, I have checked the obvious; there's fuel in the tank, there's no shut-off valve, and I tipped it correctly on it's side to clean...the mystery to me is that the only thing that was done -- between it's starting and running flawlessly to the current situation -- is that I washed it as mentioned above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.