My Lawnmower Forum banner

filters

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Austen 
#1 ·
is there a good oil filter/ air filter interchange chart anywhere online?.I find them for cars /trucks but haven't found an easy look up for mowers ? what I want to do is cross my current dealers filters over to say Purolator or whoever...I about hit the floor when I was a my local JD dealer to buy a oil filter , he jacked the price up almost 5 dollars for an oil filter over last year...I just cant see paying 13 dollars for an oil filter . there has to be something else out there

#2 ·
I am not sure?? I will look myself and post any good leads! ;)

Reactions: wh55
#3 ·
.I about hit the floor when I was a my local JD dealer to buy a oil filter , he jacked the price up almost 5 dollars for an oil filter over last year...I just cant see paying 13 dollars for an oil filter .
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that gets hit with prices like that for similar parts.

That's a good question, I've wondered the same thing but have not really been ever to locate a cross reference chart for filters like there is for automobiles either.

An alternative is to purchase on Ebay instead. Some times you can find the same part on Ebay for a couple of bucks less than what they're listed for at the auto parts store/dealer.

#5 ·
I have to agree with Austen! I usually put in the manufacturers oem part number or oil filter part number and I usually get alternatives in different brands.... such as stens on eBay for some name brand filters.

When all else fails I just put the part number in the google search bar and a list of different parts comes up!

Good luck and let us know if you do indeed find something! Thanks.

#6 ·
When all else fails I just put the part number in the google search bar and a list of different parts comes up!
Same here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.