My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new 6 hours, with Briggs Vangard, just noticed oil accumulating on bottom of frame under engine, can't seem to find where it's coming from. Checked all quick connects on oil tank and engine, seem fine. Hope it's nothing serious.

·
Administrator
6,272 Posts
Hopefully by 12 hours a dry seal someplace will swell up once hot and wet and do it's job. Certainly not something you want to have to deal with on a new mower. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it is fuel coming out of fuel vent filter when both tanks are full and mowing on rough terrain. I placed a hose on open barb on vent filter and ran it down below frame, seems to have cured the problem. WTF?

·
Registered
6 Posts
As long as there are no random drips going onto the turf you should be OK. Could you point the exit toward the sky? Even if you had to put a small extension on it just to be safe during the hot season.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still have an oil leak but not as messy, fuel was diluting the oil and making it spread more, But Damn if I can find leak, Should have bought a herd of goats.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally found problem , did not take it to dealer, too much of a hassle. The seal between oil bypass cap and engine block was missing. Installed seal from a Briggs oil Filter I had in stock and problem solved, will request compensation from Briggs&Stratton. Number 1599 in drawing was missing
Automotive tire Wood Tire Wheel Gas

Automotive tire Wood Gas Circle Automotive wheel system

Wood Rectangle Font Material property Wood stain

Font Auto part Rectangle Parallel Drawing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts