My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am looking for options to make a 10323 propel faster.... As it is a lot too slow for me.
Is there a gear change that can be made or is there another gearbox that will bolt in.... I really like the hi speed of my Toro 20680 with susuki 2 stroke. I wonder if a gearbox out of a toro would bolt in....
Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I tried Lawnboy's web site to see if I could find the ground speed for this mower but could not. It is a single speed model so I was wondering if changing the pulley diameter, either on the crankshaft, (larger), or on the transmission, (smaller), would work. Seems like the easiest way without swapping drive systems. Bill

Reactions: mcn1970

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to take some measurements to compare to my Toro 20680 with three speed gearbox. As everything looks the same in mounting and operation. If so that would be awesome. Will let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would check your motor speed with a TAC and see if it is running less than 3200 RPM. A couple of hundred RPM less than 3200 will make a noticeable drop in ground speed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would check your motor speed with a TAC and see if it is running less than 3200 RPM. A couple of hundred RPM less than 3200 will make a noticeable drop in ground speed.
I agree with you. But yes checked rpm with a tach and it is at 3150 to 3200. It is only a single speed and I guess for most would be good. I am just used to my other two a susuki toro which in hi is crazy fast and my LB 8230 with the large cap rollers....

·
Registered
17 Posts
10323 should have a standard looking pulley up above blade with allen wrench set screw.
I think about 2.5-3 inch.
Take it off and go to harware store and get a bigger one. Might have to get a slightly longer belt too.
Also make sure the belt is being pulled nice and tight now.
Even though it is called a single speed, you can moderate the ground speed by releasing drive handle a bit and if it is not really all the way pulled it will be slower than designed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts