My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The various F-engine shrouds that have the gas tank molded in, have a integral gas shut-off. Some have a long plastic lever, some later models a short lever, both use the same pressure clamp style fitting with a rubber like washer underneath to form a liquid tight seal. This little round "washer" has 4 holes in it, 2 are for locating the washer, so it won't rotate when the shut-off is rotated, the other 2 holes form a inlet and outlet passage for the gas thru a channel in the rotating shut-off. Well, these washers age and then don't seal anymore. The Lawnboy parts store doesn't seem to have these. What do you guys do to fix this?​

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, I have several, they either leak in the "on" position, or the "off" position, but generally not both. The replacement parts are discontinued by Lawnboy, and in general all that would be needed is the washer, which was never sold as a separate part.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The shrouds I have are perfect, the gas-tanks don't leak..it's just the danged little rubber washer under the shut-off lever.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Hi Guys! Here are a couple of options. First, buy a new kit and just replace the rubber piece. I know, not what we all want to do. Second, try turning the rubber washer over. If that doesn't work, I have actually doubled up the little thin flat washer that goes between the shutoff and the clip. Did want to ask if the shutoff was leaking internally or externally. The extra washer may fix an external leak as this has fixed two of mine that were not sealing and dripping on the deck. Hope this helps. Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts