My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warranty dept! Dad used it today and the front tire BLEW OUT!! He thought the engine blew! Smoke and loud bang. He called me at work to tell me. This should be covered with the warranty right?? It is only 42 years old! This shows the poor workmanship these days!! :sidelaugh:sorry::bag::howdy:
Thank God we wound up having two brand new tires that a little wider. I'll take pictures of the new tires when able. They are different thread also, hopefully better front traction.
Been awhile since I had anything to post! Thought I would get your attention! LOL ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Could be worse. ;)

Looking forward to the photos.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Thank God it did not blow while one of you were down over the top of it working on the engine. :ThumbUp:

Smoke might have actually been fog. Sudden pressure drop cools escaping air and the humidity condenses out into fog. He done a science experiment in the basics of refrigeration while moving snow. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When he called me ,I knew it wasn't good. Guess it scared him! LOL Wish they were raised whites!! LOL
Mark, your right there! Dad is a scientist!! ;)
Today is his birthday! I have to show him a good time today! Gonna take him out for breakfast or lunch!

·
Registered
650 Posts
got my attention...couldn't figure out what happened...since I have a bolens also that is 43 years old I sure had to check this post...my bolens has been very reliable over all these years...wish my cars and other equipment did as well I sure won't make it another 43 years but I bet the bolens will still be around ad I guess the tire if it was original did pretty good

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wh55, my way of a joke!! These tractors of this era are so tough compared to the ones we flip! The tire was original with a tube! This surprised dad on it blowing out like that! Bet the tube was super old or original also. I still think it should be covered with a warranty right?!? LOL :)
Bruce, thanks!! Will tell dad he needs to learn computer!! ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
:party:bigBday::party

Happy Birthday to your Dad!

As our birthday gift to you're Dad, since he doesn't get online with us, but through you has contributed so much to the forums, an
Honorary Membership to MLF​
Couldn't agree more!

Please give him our best. He is a member here by being an extension through you. :2th:

:bigBday::party:bday;

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Austen! He had good day! We went for a ride with Bob. His 99 F-250 diesel stick runs good. Two wheel drive.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the new tires and pictures of old ones. Wow that crack did open up!! Bet it made some noise for sure!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Bet you're glad it wasn't one of the original rears.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are right there Austen!! Hope those tires have enough traction!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Boy, that tire really let go! Here's wishing your dad a very happy birthday! We get so much out of his the stuff he does and you post about here on the forum! :party:bigBday:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks motor!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
yeah the tires should have had at least a 50 year warranty....lol...dad will have to give bolens a call and complain...lol... by the way happy birthday to dad

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks wh55!! Those tires survived a long time! We are now thinking of replacing my Sears Suburban front tires after this.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Tire Slime would have prevented this.:ROFL:bag:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Smitty, your right. I never thought to add a Gallon instead of tire change!!��

1 - 20 of 25 Posts