My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this last week started out one of the best ever, My g/f was moving back here from California, spent a week and a lot of money getting her truck in tip top shape, so it would be good for another 100k, did the same with the horse trailer too.

She left on Wednesday, for the 2,266 mile trip, well 1000 miles into the trip the worst happened, she fell asleep driving, flipped the truck 3 times, the horse trailer atleast once. Her, her son, and her aunt (was helping with the drive), 2 dog (one was scared and ran away :( ) and a puppy all walked away, the horses didn't even get hurt one bit.

She was within a hour of her moms ex boyfriends and he was kind enough to get all of them to his ranch.

Well all our money was spent in the truck/trailer, all she had was gas money and a little extra. I got on uship to get the horses bought here and I was going to drive out and get them and their belongings had no clue other than going into debt on how to do it.

Well there was an angel on uship, a shipper offered to bring her 2 horses, her, her son, all her belonging, the dog and puppy here for $1350. Now shipping just one horse is $1 a mile, 2 is $1.75-2, and they are doing everything for the cost to ship just one, making a special trip with no other loads too, just strictly for us!!!

So I guess a very eventfull, stressfull, upsetting week turned out to be OK

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Well I'd say as long as everyone is alright, you have a lot to be thankful for! Everything else is just a bonus. Good luck getting all the other little details worked out Jason.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes we do, Its been a stressful few days, be glad when its all over

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Scary stuff there, Jason.

It sounds like things turned out okay despite what happened and like FP mentioned, there's a lot to be thankful for.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Thank God it wasn't worse! That is so scary to have happen. Thank God for that nice shipper! Was real nice to do, sounds like a nice person! Hang in there my friend!

Reactions: 89yt12

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again everyone!!!

We are all glad, that for a bad situation, it turned out pretty good. Still got a lot of hurdles

Got to get her enrolled in collage, her son in a private school, get her a truck, car, or mini van we don't know yet what one, then buy another horse trailer. Luckily I can get a run down trailer and fix it, trailer repair is part of my side job and I have a vendor so parts are cheap. I rather spend the money on another good vehicle for her, I can work on them, but parts are a lot more than a trailer. Luckily shes not a "material girl" she would be happy in a 20 y/o truck as a new one. I'm sure we can find a good one for $5000 here, and about a $800-$1200 trailer that I can put $600 in and it look and tow like brand new. Probably use a portion of the student loan to get something.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I thought I would add her moms ex boy friends ranch is 280 sq miles, has its own old town, Wyatt Earp, Butch Cassidy, are just some of the famous people that were on this ranch at one time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts