My Lawnmower Forum banner

Escaped Crazyfornia and Am Living Happily in Beautiful Kentucky!!

529 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  MailManX 
#1 ·
We went from no lawn in Taxifornia to 3 acres of lawn here near Bowling Green. I was going to buy a sub-compact tractor with a loader and 3-point hitch and belly mounted mower. Jack of all trades, master of none. I finally picked the tractor I wanted, but nobody on the planet had one nor could they get one till 2022. COVID wiped out the supply chain for just about everything.

I finally splurged on a larger, real tractor with a backhoe. That will be handy around the pond and creek. I was going to buy a rear finish mower to go with it. After all, that expensive rig needs to help pay its keep. However, my wife insisted that I buy a ZTR. I seriously wanted one, but I was torn about the need to keep the tractor working. However, my wife is difficult to say no to.

I got a great deal on a 2020 Kioti ZXR60SE. It has a 25hp Koehler Confidant engine and ZT-3200 transmissions. It’s a nice pro-sumer level rig with a max speed of 9mph. I’m really pleased with it. This is my first ever riding mower. When I was a younger man, I hoped someday to own a lawn tractor, the only type of riding tractor I was aware of. I only recently learned about ZTR’s. WOW! These things rock! For a huge rig with a 60-inch deck, this mower is amazingly nimble. I’m sure I will have more to write about it in the future.

Thanks for giving me a chance to introduce myself

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.