just got a second hand Toro 5410 fairway mower

we are getting this,

touch the throttle engine cuts out and this comes up in display,

Advisory 170 recycle safety

would any body know what this means

·
Administrator
6,270 Posts
Toro has manuals both service and owners online for download. Based on serial number might be able to find some clues about that in the service manual.

Since it happens when you touch the throttle wonder if there is a throttle position sensor that could be flaky? Also is it a diesel engine? Wonder if "recycle" refers to emissions control systems if it has the exhaust filter that cleans itself every so often? Just guessing, no experience with these and from a couple manuals I pulled up they look to have a pretty complex electronics on them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toro has manuals both service and owners online for download. Based on serial number might be able to find some clues about that in the service manual.

Since it happens when you touch the throttle wonder if there is a throttle position sensor that could be flaky? Also is it a diesel engine? Wonder if "recycle" refers to emissions control systems if it has the exhaust filter that cleans itself every so often? Just guessing, no experience with these and from a couple manuals I pulled up they look to have a pretty complex electronics on them.
i have down loaded the manual but cannot see anything,

i have googled the error code but that does not come up,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts