My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Been looking forward to this airshow since hearing it was coming! Guess Coney Island was to have it but something happened! There wasn't as many planes as past shows and long waits between acts. The sad thing was a performer had major failure day before and crashed. He unfortunately passed away. The tail broke right off the plane and was terminal failure.
Photos: PHOTO GALLERY: Fatal stunt plane crash at Stewart Airport - recordonline.com - Middletown, NY

Had a good time but in normal me and dad fashion forgot the main things, like sunscreen and earplugs! :( The promoter would not allow drinks or food. The vendors were overwhelmed and we never drank nor ate from 9-till 4:30 when we were able to get a vendor with no line on way out. Poor way of running show in 80% heat!
Well uploading videos now was real hard seeing my screen on camera so pictures and videos aren't pro quality!

Security was tight!!

Some real good paint job!!

Austen, found your truck!!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Very cool!! I'll bet you guys had a blast. Those shows are so enthralling. It really makes you appreciate our country and our defense systems. It puts things into a very impressive perspective.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Austen for edit, me was sleepy! �� We had fun.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the videos!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Very cool!! Thanks, Eric, for posting these. I really enjoyed watching them. :2th:

So fascinating. Attending an air show is an experience that can only be had at an air show. It must have been a blast watching those jets and planes in there in formation. Cool to see the old and the new together and it gets your adrenaline going when you have the chance to go inside some of them like you did. I love the look from the back of the afterburners on those jets. I remember attending a Miramar air show in San Diego on a family top along time ago. It was an unforgettable experience. Anyone who has the opportunity to attend an air show should as it gives you such an appreciation for our country, the men and woman who serve and some of the great machines they use to do so. :cool

Hey, it makes me want to watch Top Gun. Did you overhear "Danger Zone" playing at any point during the show? :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YUP, during the F-22 demo I believe! That is one awesome plane! My video/camera action wasn't too good, had a lot of trouble seeing screen and eyepiece wasn't any easier. Think I might have set camera wrong?
Today on way to pick up a tractor we bought, brought dad by local skydiving outfit in town by tractor pick up spot. Thank God timed it just right to see one plane taking off!
Dad was cursing, not badly though. Guys use your judgement if this is close to not correct for our forum!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks for the videos Eric, an air show looks like a lot of fun! I've been to several aviation museums but watching them in action must be awesome!

Side note, while on my boat the other day fishing on Cape Cod Bay, we saw a C130 lumber bye on it's way to Otis ANG Base. Those Behemoths fly so low and slow you'd think they would fall from the sky! We also saw a USCG JayHawk Rescue Helicopter fly bye, very cool to see while floating around fishing!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Mike! We are under the flight path here and get some cool planes over head. One time a B-52 came over the hill!!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Thanks for sharing the photos and videos Eric! It's been several years now since the county airport had a show. They had good attendance but I think it got too expensive for them to put on. Almost every weekend during the summer the jumpers are there yet. I watch them a lot of times while eating lunch. Few years ago they had to dig one of them out of a corn field after his chute did not open. (Fortunately I was not watching that day.) From what I heard the rest of them were standing around there not fazed too much. "Oh well, he died doing what he wanted to do." was said to be a comment from one of them. :dunno:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts