My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received my first riding lawn mower today, which happens to be a ZRT. My first step was to drive it around to get used to the controls. It was all going well until I tried to stop and shut it down.

To make a long story short, I ended up engaging the parking brake while the machine was still in drive. I briefly heard a high pitch grinding just before it shut down. So what I am wondering is what kind of damage I have done to my machine already.

I fired up the machine and drove it around some more and it seemed fine but I am still curious to know what that grinding sound was and how many hours I took off the life of this thing. Am I being worried for nothing??

Thanks,
Jamin

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome to MLF Jamin0, glad you came aboard. You'll have to let us know what your make and model is and see if we can get you an answer. Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Hi Jamin,

Welcome to MLF.

I couldn't tell you what exactly made the noise, but if there was damage done, you probably would have already noticed its affect.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I would guess the brake might shut off the hydro pump and if it was still driving the wheels what you heard might have been just a hydraulic wine or maybe the belt growled a bit as the pump shutdown with a load still on it. Probably not anything to worry about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts