My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please!

I have a Troy Bilt Pony 2005 model 13AN779G766. I'm not getting voltage to the orange/white wire at the solenoid that engauge's it? I have removed the switches, (park brake & PTO) and straped them with a wire strap. Not sure which side should be open and/or closed on the PTO strap?Two yellow wire's come in on one side and orange,org white on the other side at PTO switch plug. I assume the the org/org wht should be straped?? I have pulled the 2 yellow wire's off at the metal to metal ground set safety switch. With key on, i am getting 10.5v across the park brake switch wire, Is this right ? Why is it not 12v? From here i'm not sure where to go? There is no voltage readings at the pto wire plug. My battery is good 12.7v

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Maybe someone can locate a wiring diagram for you. I couldn't find one at the website.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Electrical troubleshooting on Troy Bilt Pony? Please Help!!

Help please!

Here is a better post of my problem.
I have a Troy Bilt Pony 2005 model 13AN779G766. There is no diagram of this at the Troy Bilt site or at MTD! I'm not getting voltage to the orange/white wire at the solenoid that en-gage's it? I have removed the switches, (Park Brake & manual PTO) and strapped them with a wire strap. Not sure which side should be open and/or closed on the PTO strap? I have strapped either and both with not change?Two yellow wire's come in on one side and orange,org white on the other side at PTO switch plug. I assume the the org/org white should be strapped?? I have pulled the 2 yellow wire's off at the metal to metal ground set safety switch. But shouldn't the set switch be bypassed as long as the park brake switch is engaged or strapped? With key on, I am getting 10.5v across the park brake switch plug, Is this right ? Why is it not 12v? From here I'm not sure where to go? There is no readings at the PTO wire plug. My battery is good 12.7v There is a little red light that come's on for a half second (only sometimes) when I turning the key from off to on. Also there is a orange rectangle rev button here at the key module, not sure how to check or test it and possibly the key module? I hope someone came help me...........:dunno:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Help please!

Here is a better post of my problem.
I have a Troy Bilt Pony 2005 model 13AN779G766. There is no diagram of this at the Troy Bilt site or at MTD! I'm not getting voltage to the orange/white wire at the solenoid that en-gage's it? I have removed the switches, (Park Brake & manual PTO) and strapped them with a wire strap. Not sure which side should be open and/or closed on the PTO strap? I have strapped either and both with not change?Two yellow wire's come in on one side and orange,org white on the other side at PTO switch plug. I assume the the org/org white should be strapped?? I have pulled the 2 yellow wire's off at the metal to metal ground set safety switch. But shouldn't the set switch be bypassed as long as the park brake switch is engaged or strapped? With key on, I am getting 10.5v across the park brake switch plug, Is this right ? Why is it not 12v? From here I'm not sure where to go? There is no readings at the PTO wire plug. My battery is good 12.7v There is a little red light that come's on for a half second (only sometimes) when I turning the key from off to on. Also there is a orange rectangle rev button here at the key module, not sure how to check or test it and possibly the key module? I hope someone came help me...........:dunno:
When you say that you are..."I am getting 10.5v across the park brake switch plug, Is this right ? Why is it not 12v?" where are you putting the red test lead from the test meter, the park brake switch is a make/break to ground (earth/negative rail)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Going by the wiring diagram above, the path comes from (S) key switch to brake switch out from brake switch to PTO switch and from there to solenoid so check the brake switch for continuity when the switch is on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts